Thursday 25 April 2013

Sending out two guinea pigs to travel India

So, - Jaipur, Udaipur, Rajasthan,Varanasi, Fatehpur Sikri, Khajuraho or Gangtok? Is Darjeeling worth a visit? Shall we go to Pondicherry or is Kerala it ? It is hot- so maybe Himalaya-area is best? And what about Spiti Valley, Amritsar, Orchha or Jodhpur? Am I going to explore India now? Well, not exactly...

They are! My wonderful visiting cousin and her hubby are! They are looking at each other and looking at us- where to go? So many exiting places! I share their enthusiasm and hang on to them the best I can - as they sit and plan their next move... Where does the road take us from Mumbai? Do we want temples, beaches or hill-stations? Where will we be next week? And the week after? Their future backpacker-days are white and bright - like blank white sheets of paper- ready to be filled with the colors of India.

Actually, they have been so busy exploring Mumbai the last few days, so the planning of The Days Ahead are not too detailed yet. Which is a good thing for us, because we enjoy having them here! They came with me to my NGO, and made a guest appearance (very popular one:-)) in the English class..
Highlight of the class: Head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes...

Actually, my cousin, who is such a great writer, blogged about her afternoon going with me to the slum-area.  It is a very moving and so well-written story - I really enjoyed reading it, and I hope you will too! How can I not love having them here with us?!

So, now they are planning the next step of their India- experience. They have had a lot of travel-tips from our friends here in Mumbai, and it is fun to follow their planning from the sideline. In the meantime we are doing Mumbai together! Yesterday, we hanged around in Bandra: shopping, lunching, sightseeing..
A stroll along the sea - Bandra
And what a fantastic timing! Because today the Mangoes arrived! Those 60 delicious juicy mangoes with a lovely scent - that we had ordered - straight from the village! (60 mangoes- 18 Euros, guys!) And as you all know- peeling and cutting mangoes.... well, it's a slimy affair- but, - and here is my point - we have these wonderful visitors who happens to be Masters of the Art of Mangopeelingandcutting. And then they served us Mango with Sticky Rice. Got to love these visitors, right?!
Wonderful cousin preparing dessert for us:-) Mango yoummie! 

And what else? Well, we went to the Kolis in Worli - I have been there before, remember? And I was happy to see that my visitors enjoyed it just as much as I did! Now, I am sitting here with my ears full of Jaipur, Udaipur and Varanasi. Oh, well - let my guinea pigs go off and test it! I am looking forward to hear their impressions and their continuation of the India experience! But for now we are all in Mumbai, and will be for many more days! Great! Now, I am off to enjoy my carefully prepared mangoes:-)

Good evening from Mumbai!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear reader, I love comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one:-)